Car Wars and the Asian Market is Tops

Want some good news, the Asians are ahead in the car game. What a surprise! Hardly. Guess who has introduced more new car models? Hyundai, Kia, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. Hey, no "Big Three" in the mix? No way. We now see that Ford , Chrysler, and GM are finally getting in gear. And hey, what is not to love. Pony cars, the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s are back! Way late and who cares. Sportwagons, hey thanks for the updates, but if I want anything sporty, I am going for something German that is not produced in Canada or Mexico. Made in America means buying a Nissan, Honda, or Toyota.


And the emerging Asian market? The Koreans have mastered fit and finish, and while Hyundai leads the way, Kia is looking to take the wind out of the Japanese dominated sails.


What can our friends at GM and Ford offer? The Buick LaCrosse and the Ford Taurus SHO. Wow, cars no one wants. Thanks again for responding to customer needs. I am just glad to see my old boss, Ed Whitacre, heading up the board at GM. He did great things for the telecommunications industry during my time with AT&T, and while he doesn't know the automotive business, he has the capacity and willingness to learn. Good luck, Ed, and let me know how I can help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ad of the week

For the birds courtesy of Ford!